Our QLD series silent chain is a power transmission chain designed for high-speed and high-torque applications. It is known for its quiet operation, long life, and high efficiency.
The chain features a high-strength construction that allows it to handle heavy loads and high speeds without stretching or breaking.
When you need a specific design, we can provide customised solutions based on what you need. Whether you require specific features, plans, materials, or specifications, our team can work to ensure you get a chain that fully meets your needs.
Are you looking for other chains?
Leave your message below, and feel free to contact us!
|Question 1: Are you a Manufacturer or a Trading Company?|
We are a 100% chain manufacturer with 23 years of experience
|Question 2: What should I provide to get a quotation?|
1. Type of the chain (with photos if available)
2. Pitch of the chain
3. Width of the chain
4. Length and quantity of the chain
5. Other specific requirements
|Question 3: How long is your manufacturing and delivery time?|
Products are usually finished in 2 weeks, depending on the type and quantity. Also, please get in touch with us to check the delivery time to your destination.
|Question 4: How long is your guaranteed time?|
We offer a three-year guarantee if you purchase chains and matched sprockets together.
If you need chains only, a one-year guarantee can also be confirmed.
|Question 5: Trade terms and Payment terms?|
We accept EXW, FOB, DDU, Door to Door. Payment terms, such as T/T, L/C, and Western Union, are acceptable. We also provide the service of Online Trading in this B2B platform.
Estimated freight per unit.
|To be negotiated|
|Standard or Nonstandard:||Standard|
|Application:||Textile Machinery, Garment Machinery, Conveyer Equipment, Packaging Machinery, Food Machinery, Marine, Mining Equipment, Agricultural Machinery|
Can a silent chain be used in high-load applications?
Yes, a silent chain can be used in high-load applications due to its design and construction.
A silent chain, also known as an inverted-tooth chain or a silent synchronous chain, is designed to handle heavy loads and transmit high levels of torque.
Here are some factors that make silent chains suitable for high-load applications:
1. Robust Construction:
– Silent chains are constructed using high-strength materials, such as alloy steel, which provides excellent strength and durability.
– The chain plates and pins are designed to withstand heavy loads and resist deformation.
– This robust construction allows silent chains to handle high-load applications without compromising performance or reliability.
2. Tooth Engagement:
– Silent chains feature a unique tooth profile that ensures secure and precise engagement with the sprockets.
– The tooth design allows for maximum contact area between the chain and sprockets, distributing the load evenly and minimizing stress concentration.
– This tooth engagement mechanism enables the silent chain to transmit high levels of torque and handle heavy loads without slipping or skipping.
3. Load Distribution:
– Silent chains have multiple teeth engaging with the sprockets simultaneously.
– This design feature helps distribute the load across multiple teeth, reducing the stress on individual links and enhancing the overall load-carrying capacity.
– The load distribution capability of silent chains makes them well-suited for applications where high loads are present.
4. Fatigue Resistance:
– Silent chains are designed to resist fatigue failure even under repetitive high-load conditions.
– The materials and heat treatment processes used in their construction enhance their resistance to wear, fatigue, and elongation.
– This allows silent chains to maintain their performance and reliability over extended periods of heavy-load operation.
It’s important to consider the specific load requirements and application conditions when selecting a silent chain for high-load applications.
– Consulting with experts or manufacturers can help determine the appropriate silent chain design and size to ensure reliable and efficient operation under high-load conditions.
How do you properly tension a silent chain?
Tensioning a silent chain correctly is essential for its optimal performance and longevity. Here are the steps to properly tension a silent chain:
1. Determine the Tensioning Method: Silent chains can be tensioned using either an adjustable tensioner or a fixed-position tensioner. The appropriate method depends on the specific chain design and the manufacturer’s recommendations.
2. Set the Initial Tension: The initial tension should be set according to the manufacturer’s guidelines or specifications. This typically involves applying a specific force or deflection to the chain to achieve the desired initial tension.
3. Allow for Break-In: After installing the chain and setting the initial tension, it is important to allow the chain to run for a break-in period. During this time, the chain will settle and stretch slightly, so it’s crucial to recheck and readjust the tension after the break-in period.
4. Monitor and Adjust Tension: Regularly monitor the tension of the silent chain during operation. Over time, chains may experience wear or elongation, which can affect tension. Use appropriate tension measurement tools, such as tension gauges or deflection measurement methods, to check the tension periodically. If the tension deviates from the recommended range, adjust it accordingly.
5. Follow Manufacturer’s Recommendations: Always refer to the manufacturer’s guidelines and recommendations for tensioning the specific type of silent chain you are using. Each chain design may have unique requirements, so it’s crucial to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for optimal performance and chain life.
Proper tensioning ensures that the silent chain operates smoothly, minimizes wear, and prevents issues such as excessive noise, vibration, or premature failure. By following the manufacturer’s guidelines and regularly checking and adjusting the tension, you can maintain the chain’s performance and maximize its service life.
What are the main components of a silent chain?
A silent chain, also known as an inverted tooth chain or silent synchronous chain, consists of several key components that work together to transmit power efficiently and smoothly. The main components of a silent chain include:
1. Plates: The plates are the main links in the chain and are typically made of high-quality alloy steel. These plates have a unique shape with inverted teeth on both sides that engage with the sprockets.
2. Pins: The pins connect the plates together and provide flexibility for the chain to articulate. They are made of hardened steel and are precisely positioned within the chain links.
3. Bushings: The bushings are cylindrical components that fit inside the plates and provide a bearing surface for the pins. They are typically made of bronze or other self-lubricating materials to reduce friction and wear.
4. Sprockets: The sprockets are toothed wheels that engage with the inverted teeth on the chain plates. They provide the driving force and control the movement of the chain. The sprockets are precisely designed to match the pitch and tooth profile of the silent chain.
5. Tensioners: Tensioners are used to maintain proper tension in the silent chain. They ensure that the chain stays engaged with the sprockets and prevent slack or excessive tension that could affect the performance and lifespan of the chain.
6. Guides: Guides are optional components that are used to guide the silent chain and keep it properly aligned. They help reduce noise, vibration, and wear by preventing the chain from contacting other surfaces.
These components work together to form a reliable and efficient power transmission system. The precise design and manufacturing of these components contribute to the smooth and silent operation of the chain.
editor by CX 2023-08-11